OCR
Peter Dick
2017-06-29 16:02:17 UTC
Hallo, - I want to use OCR from scanned PDF.
When choosing a file name I get an error !
What should be the right steps to OCR-working with "XSane"?

Thank for an answer

Peter Dick
--
Dipl.Ing.Peter Dick

Am Weinberg 21
88697 Bermatingen
07544-2216
Yuri Chornoivan
2017-07-07 10:38:52 UTC
Post by Peter Dick
Hallo, - I want to use OCR from scanned PDF.
When choosing a file name I get an error !
What should be the right steps to OCR-working with "XSane"?
Thank for an answer
Peter Dick
Hi,

I think that XSane is not actually the right tool to do OCR for PDFs. It is
much more convenient to do this using gscan2pdf (Ctrl+I (importPDF), then
"Tools -> OCR", then Ctrl+S).

Other options can be OCRFeeder and pdfocr script [1].

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri

[1] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gkovacs/pdfocr/master/pdfocr.rb