Backend pieusb not working for Reflecta Crystalscan 7200
Vleeshouwers, J.M.
2016-11-01 17:05:41 UTC
Hi Klaus & Michael,

I haven't been using my scanner (Reflecta Crystalscan 7200) for quite some time, but when I recently installed Ubuntu 16.04, I decided to check whether the backend available from https://github.com/kkaempf/sane-backends works. I'm afraid it does not.

With the available debug information I found out that the first problem is the call to sanei_pieusb_cmd_17() in sane_start(), which always returns with an error for the RC7200. After having removed that call, sane_start() halts a little bit further, which I didn't document anymore.

After that, I decided to check the differences between the old version I have (which still works for me) and the github-version. I see the two of you have worked up the backend quite extensively. It would take me quite some time to check all and make the necessary modifications to get the RC7200 running, time which I currently do not have.

But perhaps you documented the changes? Even if I'm the only one scanning with a RC7200 on Sane, I'd still rather see the backend working ;-)

Yours,

Jan
Klaus Kaempf
2016-11-02 09:55:06 UTC
Post by Vleeshouwers, J.M.
Hi Klaus & Michael,
I haven't been using my scanner (Reflecta Crystalscan 7200) for quite some time, but when I recently installed Ubuntu 16.04, I decided to check whether the backend available from https://github.com/kkaempf/sane-backends works. I'm afraid it does not.
Hi Jan,

sorry, I'm a fair bit behind in keeping the pieusb backend up to date.
I have a couple of issue reports in my mailbox waiting for quite some
time :-/

Your scanner probably barfs at the 'next slide' command. Does it work
in preview mode ?

Please send me full debug output (PIEUSB and USB) via private mail.

Thanks,

Klaus
Christian Mandel
2017-01-24 22:15:10 UTC
Hi Jan,
Post by Vleeshouwers, J.M.
Hi Klaus & Michael,
[CrystalScan 7200 not working, debug attempts]
But perhaps you documented the changes? Even if I’m the only one
scanning with a RC7200 on Sane, I’d still rather see the backend working ;-)
Does that mean that you have a working setup for scanning with this
particular scanner on linux using sane, but an older version? Which
version do I have to use? I am waiting for support for this scanner for
such a long time already, and all my attempts to get in contact here on
the ML failed so far :(. The most recent builds that I tried
(1.0.26-git20160712 on Ubuntu) fail with the scanner as well.

Thanks & best regards

Chris
lucas pannier
2017-01-25 08:24:05 UTC
Hi,

have also a CrystalScan 7200

would be nice to have a working solution

tx for all the great work

Lucas
Post by Klaus Kaempf
Hi Jan,