adding a timeout for the scanner lamp
Add Reply
Fred 1
2017-04-28 14:58:37 UTC
i'm not quite familiar with the code yet, but say i want to add a
timeout thingy for the scanner lamp,

normally the lamp turns off when you exit xsane, ok, but failing that
would like to have a configurable timeout....

so i'll take any advice from who is already more familiar with the codes,

thanks
m. allan noah

Fred 1
2017-04-28 15:15:29 UTC
Mustek BearPaw 2448 TA

does it matter ?

so i should be looking at the driver code?
m. allan noah
2017-04-28 15:34:07 UTC
The driver (we call them backends) is the only part of sane that
knows the protocol the scanner speaks. So, the backend would have to
be called to perform this task. As an alternative, perhaps the
frontend (xsane in this case) could close the scanner when it is idle,
and re-open it when the user does something. That would in theory work
with all scanners.

allan
Fred 1