Please: CanoScan Lide 220
csola48
2017-04-16 15:13:12 UTC
Please help to breathe a life of my scanners Lide 220...

Please...

Thx.

csola48

ps.: Happy Easter for everybody! :)
Aaron Muir Hamilton
2017-04-16 23:27:45 UTC
If you could provide the exact versions of sane-backends and
sane-frontends you are using, that would be more useful.

I have a Canon CanoScan LiDE 220 sitting right next to me and it is
functioning quite well (I'm using scanimage to drive it).

Try running
$ scanimage -d genesys --format=tiff --resolution 75 > test.tiff
and see if that works as expected.

I often find that the thing that's making the scanner not work is the
application, not the SANE driver.

Cheers, and happy easter to you!
csola48
2017-04-17 14:21:44 UTC
Post by Aaron Muir Hamilton
scanimage -d genesys --format=tiff --resolution 75 > test.tiff
From terminal with command the scanner work in the genesys...

Then xsane, simple scan, gscan2pdf not works? :(

csola48
csola48
2017-04-19 10:05:43 UTC
Dear experts!
Dear colleagues!

1) In the terminal command line form the genesys backend works
magnificently with CanoScan Lide 220 scanners.
For example:
scanimage -d genesys --format=tiff -x 210 -y 297 --mode=color
--resolution 300 > test_4.tiff

2) Conversely! The same scanner, the same genesys backend is out of
order it xsane, the simple scan, the skanlite/libskane, the gscan2pdf
with frontends.

Why, why, why?...

What kind of data shall I provide for the analysis?

I say thank you for the answers ahead,
csola48

=====
Ps_1.: There may be in a command line to prepare a *.pdf file?

Ps_2.:
My system:
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=16.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS"
cat /proc/version_signature
Ubuntu 4.8.0-46.49~16.04.1-generic 4.8.17
sane 1.0.14-1
sane-utils, libsane-common, libsane 1.0.26-git20160712-xenial0
xsane, xsane common 0.999-3ubuntu1
simple-scan 3.20.0-0ubuntu1

lsusb | grep CanonBus 001 Device 005: ID 04a9:1073 Canon, Inc. I550
Printer
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 04a9:190f Canon, Inc.

scanimage -L
device `genesys:libusb:003:002' is a Canon LiDE 220 flatbed scanner
Jeff
2017-04-19 17:27:00 UTC
Post by csola48
2) Conversely! The same scanner, the same genesys backend is out of
order it xsane, the simple scan, the skanlite/libskane, the gscan2pdf
with frontends.
I'm not sure what you mean. But if you start gscan2pdf from the command
line with the --log=log option, reproduce the problem, quit, and post
the log file, I'll take a look.
Post by csola48
Ps_1.: There may be in a command line to prepare a *.pdf file?
Not as part of the scan process, but having produced your (even multipage)
tiff, tiff2pdf will do what you want.

Regards

Jeff