Xerox WorkCentre 6027
Add Reply
Mayer Landau
2017-04-12 18:05:58 UTC
Anyone know how to get SANE to see a Xerox WorkCentre 6027 printer?
I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 and the printer is hooked up to the computer via
a Netgear GS716T switch.
The Xerox WorkCentre 6027 is not supported by SANE.
Mayer Landau
Torfinn Ingolfsen
2017-04-13 09:42:35 UTC
On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 8:05 PM, Mayer Landau
Post by Mayer Landau
Anyone know how to get SANE to see a Xerox WorkCentre 6027 printer?
I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 and the printer is hooked up to the computer via
a Netgear GS716T switch.
The Xerox WorkCentre 6027 is not supported by SANE.
What happens if you try it with the sane-xerox_mfp backend?
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen
Torfinn Ingolfsen
2017-04-14 12:44:47 UTC
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 5:43 AM, Mayer Landau
Hi Torfinn,
I'm not sure what you mean, but this is what I have done.
Well, I asked because your first post didn't say that you had tried it. :-)
But, scanimage -L returns "No scanners were identified.", whether I use USB
or
Ok, then you might be out of luck with SANE.
Or you could make the effort to turn on all the debug info, do testing
and so on to help the developers improve the Xerox backend so it will
support your model.
Info about this is available on the SANE web site, as well as in the
archives of this mailing list.
whether I connect via Ethernet through the Netgear switch.
FWIW, scanimage -L is not very good at (or can't at all?) detect
network scanners. As an example, I can scan perfectly with my Espon
MFP like this:
$ xsane epson2:net:10.1.161.8
or
$ gscan2pdf --device epson2:net:10.1.161.8
but scanimage -L doesn't detect it at all.

PS. If you send your messages to the mailing list instead of to me,
more eyes will see them. :-)

HTH
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen
Torfinn Ingolfsen
2017-04-14 12:51:46 UTC
Hello,
I have a Xerox Docuprint CM305 df for 12 mths . There is no support for
Linux anywhere either Xerox or any of the Forums . I'm afraid you are
probably like me & stuck with a useless piece of equipment. I will never buy
a Xerox again Sorry for the bad news Regards Rob
Well, for the WorkCentre 6027 there is some Linux support, Xerox have
a "Linux package" available for download:
http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-6027/downloads/enus.html?operatingSystem=linux&fileLanguage=en
it doesn't say if this is only for the printer part, or if it also
supports the scanner part.

Torfinn Ingolfsen
2017-04-15 10:30:37 UTC
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 9:41 PM, Mayer Landau
Hi Torfinn,
That Xerox download only supports the printer part.
I have no problem trying to help the developers with the xerox backend.
You mention turning on all the debug info.
At this moment in time, I don't know how to do that.
Well, general info about helping is in the sane(7) man page. You might
know this already.
The section "problems" lists the generic environment variables you can use.
the sane-xerox_mfp(5) man page list the options specific to the
xerox_mfp backend.
example
$ SANE_DEBUG_XEROX_MFP=4 scanimage -L
or a higher value.
When you say, send to the mailing list, do you mean
Yes, I do.

HTH
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen
Rob
2017-04-21 22:27:27 UTC
Thank You for the information Torfinn. This driver is only for the
printer.Xerox does not support Linux other than the printer side of
things or maybe Red Hat Enterprise ( which is way above my level
anyway). The scanner is only able to scan to a thumbdrive in Linux (
Mint 17). Very Very disapointing for what was a leader in the industry
. A name renowned with scan & photocopy previously recognised as a world
leader in the field. I have tried everything I can in the past 12mths (
with my limited experience ) with no success. This is just another
reason I guess why people stay with windows OS whether they want to or
not. Again thank You for your attempt to assist Regards Rob
Mayer Landau
2017-04-22 22:03:26 UTC
Hi All,
I can get simple FTP to work from the 6027 WorkCentre Xerox scanner.
I haven't figured out how to get vsftp to work, or SMB, but I figure there
must be a way. After I figure out that, then it should be possible to
configure a driver
for SANE.
--
Mayer Landau
Gjermund ॐ Gusland Thorsen

Mayer Landau
2017-04-23 21:08:19 UTC
I have no idea. All I know is I can get scan to work with basic ftp.
--
Mayer

Johannes Meixner
2017-04-25 09:08:39 UTC
Hello,

only a side note - I didn't read the details here
Post by Mayer Landau
All I know is I can get scan to work with basic ftp.
is that perhaps related to the section about
"How to use a professional network printer
scanner copier all-in-one device"
in
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Configuring_Scanners

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)