SCSI-scanner & scanbuttond ...
Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza
2017-04-16 07:27:53 UTC
Dear listmembers,
prior to actually start playing around: can scanbuttond work with a SCSI -
scanner? I know, it is oldfashioned, but I like it this way :-)
I am using an HP ScanJet 6300 C via its SCSI-interface. It has 5 buttons at
the front side.
Thank you very much,
regards

Dieter Jurzitza
Wilhelm Meier
2017-04-16 09:50:28 UTC
Post by Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza
Dear listmembers,
prior to actually start playing around: can scanbuttond work with a SCSI -
scanner? I know, it is oldfashioned, but I like it this way :-)
I am using an HP ScanJet 6300 C via its SCSI-interface. It has 5 buttons at
the front side.
Looking into the list of supported devices of libsane, you'll find that
the HP 6300C has complete support.

Looking into the sources of scanbuttond I don't see any support.

So, scanbd with libsane will do the trick if querying the button-options
is implemented in the backend for the HP6300C ...

Just make a test ...