Motor movement and then time-out with Canon LIDE120
w***@gmail.com
2017-05-17 03:40:39 UTC
I bought a Canon LIDE120 a few years ago and have been watching the
development of the driver on the sane-devel list since then. It seems to
have quieted off recently, so I thought I'd give the scanner another shot
in Linux.

I'm running Ubuntu 17.04, here's the output of an attempt to scan:

➜ ~ scanimage -L
device `genesys:libusb:003:006' is a Canon LiDE 120 flatbed scanner
➜ ~ scanimage --device 'genesys:libusb:003:006' --format=tiff > test.tiff
scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument
➜ ~ scanimage --version
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.25git; backend version 1.0.25

When the command to scan is sent, the motor makes a audible sound and then
nothing happens and the command times-out.

I know the LIDE120 is listed as supported on the website, and I seem to be
running up to date drivers...

Thanks,
-Willis
m. allan noah
2017-05-17 11:11:27 UTC
You are running an older version of sane-backends. Our development
snapshots are oddly named, but a recent one would be 1.0.26git. I
suspect your problem is fixed there. We have a release in a few days,
and it would be nice to verify. Perhaps you can upgrade in the
meantime? You might be able to use Rolf's PPA for this, per recent
posts on this list.

allan
2017-05-18 01:16:29 UTC
Hi Allan,

Thanks for the help! I installed the libraries from the PPA, and the
scanner worked perfectly in XSane. Gnome's Simple Scan wouldn't work, but
I can bring that up with them.

All the best,
-Willis
Post by w***@gmail.com
nothing happens and the command times-out.
I know the LIDE120 is listed as supported on the website, and I seem to
be
Post by w***@gmail.com
running up to date drivers...
Thanks,