[sane-devel] Testing for Canon PIXMA MG5420
James Duvall
2017-04-24 00:32:44 UTC
Rolf,
Sorry for the slow response to your previous request.  I've been traveling a lot lately, but today I ran the button tests that your requested (text file attached).
One observation is that the Doc.type has three settings, but there are many sub-settings.  These seem to affect the button data reported by scanimage

Doc.type = Auto scan  No sub-settings

Doc.type = Document  Scan size = Auto scan, Letter, A4, 4"x6"(10x15cm), 5"x7"(13x18cm)  Format = PDF, Compact PDF, TIFF, JPEG  Scan res = 75 dpi, 150 dpi, 300 dpi, 600 dpi (this option is disabled for Format = Compact PDF)
Doc.type = Photo  Scan size = Auto scan, Auto multi scan, Letter, A4, 4"x6"(10x15cm), 5"x7"(13x18cm)  Format = TIFF, JPEG  Scan res = 75 dpi, 150 dpi, 300 dpi, 600 dpi
I performed some scans using both buttons and a variety of settings.  Given the large number of setting combinations that are possible, I wanted to be sure that the data I am collecting is in the proper format to be useful.  If so, let me know and I can collect data for more type/format/size/resolution combinations.
Regards,
James
Rolf Bensch
2017-04-26 11:48:22 UTC
Hi James,

I just committed a patch to the git repository.

The new pixma backend version 0.17.36 should fix the high dpi issue and
added button support for your scanner. Please report any further problems.

I'm using scanbd with the attached config files. Your scanner type
(multifunctional device) isn't tested in the pixma.sh shell script yet.
Sorry, I only own a Canoscan device. Please send me your fixed shell script.

Cheers,
Rolf