Validation Criteria
Two Spirit
2017-01-13 23:43:14 UTC
Hi. I have access to a large number of printers both Network and USB
as well as color/mono ink/laser printers.
I see that lot of them are not supported, don't show up with
"sane-find-scanners"
as well as scanimages -L.

I'm not sure how to get started. I'd like to take only a few scanners at a
time
and help get them supported and validate them. I don't know what the
validation criteria is to check if it is a pass (Does the existance of a
somewhat readable output file consider it to work?).

I also notice that the output format is non "standard".
I'd like to convert the outputs to something more standard such as .jpg. so
I can view these other files from windows desktops.
What is the recommended conversion too to convert to jpg command line in
linux?