Sane-backends 1.0.27 has been released
m. allan noah
2017-05-22 22:51:24 UTC
2017-05-22: SANE-Backends-1.0.27 (see Note 1) has been released:

* Significant enhancements to canon_dr, epjitsu, epsonds, fujitsu,
genesys, hp3500, pixma and xerox-mfp backends.
* Minor updates, bugfixes or scanners added in several backends.
* 30+ new scanner models supported.
* Made libusb-1.0 the default for USB support (see Note 2).
* Switched code from C90 to C99 (Thanks to Volker Diels-Grabsch).
* Updated Linux USB3 workaround (see Note 3).
* Documentation and translation updates.
* Bugfixes (Avahi, threading, USB, ICC/PNG/JPEG, etc).
* Reduced compiler warnings, improved code (see Note 4).

Note 1: There is no 1.0.26 release of sane-backends. That number was
skipped so that our development version numbers would more clearly be
an extension of the prior release. This should make packaging a little
easier for our downstream users.

Note 2: On all systems, the --enable-libusb* flags are now ignored.
Instead, the --with-usb and --without-usb flags now control support.
When neither is given, USB support will be enabled if possible and
disabled otherwise. If --with-usb is requested but not possible,
./configure will fail. There is no support to prefer libusb-0.1 over
libusb-1.0. When libusb-1.0 is not found, libusb-0.1 will be tried.

Note 3: The Linux USB3 workaround which was added in version 1.0.25 is
now disabled by default. If you have difficulty using a scanner which
previously worked, or intermittent scanner availability, try setting
the new environment variable SANE_USB_WORKAROUND=1 before starting
your frontend.

Note 4: A special thanks goes to Olaf Meeuwissen for picking up the
janitorial duties in sane-backends. He has found and fixed a large
number of long-standing bugs, curated our bug tracker, improved our
build scripts and docs, and provided user support. Thank you Olaf!

More information about sane, and links to download are available at
http://sane-project.org/

allan
of my hand"
csola48
2017-05-23 08:07:19 UTC
Dear Sir!

Big-big thanks the sane-backend 1.0.27...
Cheeky question: when will be *.deb version? ;)

Kind Regards

csola48
csola48

2017-05-23 09:44:49 UTC
Hi,
Post by csola48
Dear Sir!
Big-big thanks the sane-backend 1.0.27...
Cheeky question: when will be *.deb version? ;)
Unless you're using Rolf's PPA[1], that's up to your distribution's
sane-backends package maintainer.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~rolfbensch/+archive/ubuntu/sane-git

If you do use Rolf's PPA, packages should be there in a day (or two).

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2 FSF Associate Member since 2004-01-27
GnuPG key: F84A2DD9/B3C0 2F47 EA19 64F4 9F13 F43E B8A4 A88A F84A 2DD9
Rolf Bensch
2017-05-24 17:57:32 UTC
Hi,

My PPA provides the post release versions (1.0.27+git{date}) now!

If somebody needs the recent SANE release instead of the version from
SANE daily git snapshot, she|he can use my new PPA[2].
Post by Olaf Meeuwissen
Hi,
[2] https://launchpad.net/~rolfbensch/+archive/ubuntu/sane-release
Post by Olaf Meeuwissen
If you do use Rolf's PPA, packages should be there in a day (or two).
This comes while I'm using the daily git snapshot, which is built every
night and provided on SANE's project website.
Post by Olaf Meeuwissen
Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2 FSF Associate Member since 2004-01-27
GnuPG key: F84A2DD9/B3C0 2F47 EA19 64F4 9F13 F43E B8A4 A88A F84A 2DD9
Support Free Software https://my.fsf.org/donate
Join the Free Software Foundation https://my.fsf.org/join
Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rolf
2017-05-23 09:46:24 UTC
Hi Allan,
Thanks! I'm off now, checking my pending patch queues ;-)

Writing the release notes must have been quite a bit work, seeing that
there were well over 500 commits.
Johannes Meixner
2017-05-24 11:14:57 UTC
Hello,
many thanks to all developers and contributors
for the new SANE-Backends-1.0.27 release!

FYI:
sane-backends-1.0.27 RPM packages for openSUSE users
are now available in the openSUSE Build Service
development project "graphics" for manual download
for openSUSE Leap and openSUSE Tumbleweed from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/graphics/
In general see the section
"RPM packages of the 'sane-backends' scanner drivers"
at https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Configuring_Scanners

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)