Mike Wild
2017-01-08 22:57:22 UTC
Hi all,

Running make install places my modified hp3500 backend in
/usr/local/lib/sane/libsane-hp3500.*. This works fine with scanimage,
which looks like it is compiled at the same time as the backends,
however XSane appears to be using a different sent of backends I cannot
locate.

How can I get XSane (installed from apt) to use my custom hp3500
backend instead?

Many thanks,
Mike
Olaf Meeuwissen
2017-01-09 10:29:53 UTC
Hi Mike,
Post by Mike Wild
Hi all,
Running make install places my modified hp3500 backend in
/usr/local/lib/sane/libsane-hp3500.*. This works fine with scanimage,
which looks like it is compiled at the same time as the backends,
however XSane appears to be using a different sent of backends I cannot
locate.
How can I get XSane (installed from apt) to use my custom hp3500
backend instead?
IIRC, this should do the trick:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/sane xsane

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2 FSF Associate Member since 2004-01-27
GnuPG key: F84A2DD9/B3C0 2F47 EA19 64F4 9F13 F43E B8A4 A88A F84A 2DD9