2017-09-22 17:01:48 UTC
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libimage-sane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 1.8.7:
* + units to scan and edit paper dialogues.
* - unsupported libsane-perl offered as Frontend choice
Thanks to Chris Mayo for the patch. Closes merge request #19
* Fixed support for Poppler (pdftops) as postscript backend.
Thanks to Chris Mayo for the patch. Closes merge request #18
* - Reload recursion limit in Edit/Preferences
Set reload recursion limit as triangular number of number of scan
i.e. if there are 5 scan options, the recursion limit is 5+4+3+2+1=15
Closes bug #275 (reload recursion limit)
* Fixed crash with scanimage frontend due to empty cache
* Ghost save button, rather than hiding save dialogue if all pages
Closes bug #253 (Save dialoque does not stay open)
* Fixed bug causing profile dropdown to be cleared after setting profile
* Filter out integers from tool warnings, analogous to the hex warnings
* Fixed visibility of options in save dialogue (again).
* Right mouse click in thumbnail panel makes the page range (e.g. in
save dialogue) default to "selected".
* Take filename of PDF to email from default filename settings (and
therefore from metadata). If this produces a blank filename, use
* Fixed bug requiring scan dialog to be requested twice after changing
* Update to Hungarian translation (thanks to csola)