Updating backend version info
2017-05-15 12:39:08 UTC
Hi Allan,

While going through the changes since RELEASE_1_0_25 I realized that I
did not update each backend's version info. I've been happily fixing
compiler warning and touched just about every backend. Some have had
their version info modified for other reasons and are probably okay but
should I go and update backend version info?

# Not looking forward to this, to be honest.

If so, what part of the version info? The standard seems to suggest the
minor version ought to be updated.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2 FSF Associate Member since 2004-01-27
GnuPG key: F84A2DD9/B3C0 2F47 EA19 64F4 9F13 F43E B8A4 A88A F84A 2DD9
m. allan noah
2017-05-15 15:44:52 UTC
I have never bumped backend version numbers for backends with a
maintainer, I leave that to them.

Given how few places we show the backend version number, I would not
worry about fixing this for any patches you have applied from the bug
tracker.

allan

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 8:39 AM, Olaf Meeuwissen
Post by Olaf Meeuwissen
Hi Allan,
While going through the changes since RELEASE_1_0_25 I realized that I
did not update each backend's version info. I've been happily fixing
compiler warning and touched just about every backend. Some have had
their version info modified for other reasons and are probably okay but
should I go and update backend version info?
# Not looking forward to this, to be honest.
If so, what part of the version info? The standard seems to suggest the
minor version ought to be updated.
Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2 FSF Associate Member since 2004-01-27
GnuPG key: F84A2DD9/B3C0 2F47 EA19 64F4 9F13 F43E B8A4 A88A F84A 2DD9
Support Free Software https://my.fsf.org/donate
Join the Free Software Foundation https://my.fsf.org/join
of my hand"
2017-05-16 10:49:33 UTC
Hi Allan,
Post by m. allan noah
I have never bumped backend version numbers for backends with a
maintainer, I leave that to them.
Given how few places we show the backend version number, I would not
worry about fixing this for any patches you have applied from the bug
tracker.
Thanks! Saves me a pile of work.