Canon ImageClass mf244dw
Curtis Graham
2017-05-14 13:43:03 UTC
Needing a little help getting the scanner working on this all-in-one
from Canon.
I am kinda a linux noob so hopefully I'm requesting this correctly. I
originally posted for help in the Ubuntu help forums and one of the guys
over there suggested I talked to you guys about this.
Here is the original post I had over there

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2361040&p=13644030#post13644030

If you need any other information just let me know

Thank You
2017-05-15 12:48:00 UTC
Hi Curtis,
Post by Curtis Graham
Needing a little help getting the scanner working on this all-in-one
from Canon.
I am kinda a linux noob so hopefully I'm requesting this correctly. I
originally posted for help in the Ubuntu help forums and one of the guys
over there suggested I talked to you guys about this.
Here is the original post I had over there
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2361040&p=13644030#post13644030
If you need any other information just let me know
Your device is supported by the pixma backend in git. The easiest way
for you to get this installed is by adding a PPA to your apt sources.
See

https://launchpad.net/~rolfbensch/+archive/ubuntu/sane-git

for details.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2 FSF Associate Member since 2004-01-27
GnuPG key: F84A2DD9/B3C0 2F47 EA19 64F4 9F13 F43E B8A4 A88A F84A 2DD9
Curtis Graham
2017-05-15 13:04:08 UTC
Thank You for the help.

I literally just sent this off when I got your email. Sent to
roben-***@alioth.debian.org

model "i-SENSYS MF240 Series"
:interface "USB Ethernet WiFi"
:usbid "0x04a9" "0x27d2"
:status :untested
:comment "Testers needed!"

Hi my name is Curtis Graham and I pulled this email from a tag listing Rolf
Bensch as submitting a commit 2 weeks ago.

I happen to have a MF240 that currently the scanner does not work on Ubuntu
16.04. I am kinda a Linux noob, but would like to help testing if I can.

Thank you
Post by Olaf Meeuwissen
Hi Curtis,
Rolf Bensch
2017-05-15 13:32:26 UTC
Hi Curtis,

Please install recent SANE version from my Ubuntu PPA and report your
test results:

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rolfbensch/sane-git

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rolf