Testing Canon TS5000
Javier Perez
2017-08-15 04:22:24 UTC
Hih

According to the Supported Devices webpage, you need testers for the Canon
TS5010

I have one and indeed it does not work through SANE, but it works fine with
scangearmp2 Version 3.40

I am using Fedora 26, and I recently upgraded to the 1.0.27 backends

How can I help?
--
------------------------------
/\_/\
|O O| ***@gmail.com
~~~~ Javier Perez
~~~~ While the night runs
~~~~ toward the day...
m m Pepebuho watches
from his high perch.
Javier Perez
2017-08-16 05:40:53 UTC
Hi.
Got the files.
I'll test them tomorrow
I'll let you know how they worked out.

JP
Post by Javier Perez
Hih
According to the Supported Devices webpage, you need testers for the
Canon TS5010
I have one and indeed it does not work through SANE, but it works fine
with scangearmp2 Version 3.40
I am using Fedora 26, and I recently upgraded to the 1.0.27 backends
How can I help?
--
------------------------------
/\_/\
~~~~ Javier Perez
~~~~ While the night runs
~~~~ toward the day...
m m Pepebuho watches
from his high perch.
Hello,
Here is a version of scangearmp2 edit: https://github.com/Ordissimo/s
cangearmp2
I just builder for Fedora 26. I let you test.
sudo echo "canon_pixma" >> /etc/sane.d/dll.conf # for activate the backend
in sane
--
------------------------------
/\_/\
|O O| ***@gmail.com
~~~~ Javier Perez
~~~~ While the night runs
~~~~ toward the day...
m m Pepebuho watches
from his high perch.
Thierry HUCHARD
2017-08-17 09:47:07 UTC
Post by Javier Perez
Hi.
Got the files.
I'll test them tomorrow
I'll let you know how they worked out.
JP
https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2 [1]
I just builder for Fedora 26. I let you test.
sudo echo "canon_pixma" >> /etc/sane.d/dll.conf # for activate the
backend in sane
--
------------------------------
/\_/\
~~~~ Javier Perez
~~~~ While the night runs
~~~~ toward the day...
m m Pepebuho watches
from his high perch.
------
[1] https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2
Hello,
We just released our first release.
You will find the updated packages for your distribution on the git:
https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2/releases
to sane-devel-
Javier Perez
2017-08-18 11:21:33 UTC
Hi Thiery.

Installed both scangearmp2-3.40-2.x86_64.rpm and
scangearmp2-debuginfo-3.40-2.x86_64.rpm
on a new virtual FC26 system.

When I try scangearmp2, it cannot locate the scanner. I turned off the
firewall just in case but still It cannot locate the scanner. I can ping
the scanner without any problem.

If I try scangearmp2 from my regular system, It sees it at once using
scangear 3.40

What should I try?

JP
Post by Javier Perez
According to the Supported Devices webpage, you need testers for the
Canon TS5010
I have one and indeed it does not work through SANE, but it works fine
with scangearmp2 Version 3.40
I am using Fedora 26, and I recently upgraded to the 1.0.27
backends
How can I help?
--
------------------------------
/\_/\
~~~~ Javier Perez
~~~~ While the night runs
~~~~ toward the day...
m m Pepebuho watches
from his high perch.
Hello,
https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2 [1]
I just builder for Fedora 26. I let you test.
sudo echo "canon_pixma" >> /etc/sane.d/dll.conf # for activate the
backend in sane
--
------------------------------
/\_/\
~~~~ Javier Perez
~~~~ While the night runs
~~~~ toward the day...
m m Pepebuho watches
from his high perch.
------
[1] https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2
Hello,
We just released our first release.
https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2/releases
--
------------------------------
/\_/\
|O O| ***@gmail.com
~~~~ Javier Perez
~~~~ While the night runs
~~~~ toward the day...
m m Pepebuho watches
from his high perch.
Thierry HUCHARD
2017-08-18 11:30:14 UTC
Post by Javier Perez
Hi Thiery.
Installed both scangearmp2-3.40-2.x86_64.rpm and
scangearmp2-debuginfo-3.40-2.x86_64.rpm
on a new virtual FC26 system.
When I try scangearmp2, it cannot locate the scanner. I turned off the
firewall just in case but still It cannot locate the scanner. I can
ping the scanner without any problem.
If I try scangearmp2 from my regular system, It sees it at once using
scangear 3.40
What should I try?
JP
https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2 [1] [1]
[1] https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2 [1]
https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2/releases [2]
--
------------------------------
/\_/\
to sane-devel-reques
Javier Perez
2017-08-19 02:45:54 UTC
Thierry

udo echo "canon_pixma" >> /etc/sane.d/dll.conf # for activate the backend
in sane ?

Yes, I actually added it by hand using vi and it is there

[***@localhost ~]$ cat /etc/sane.d/dll.conf
# enable the next line if you want to allow access through the network:
net
abaton
agfafocus
apple
avision
artec
artec_eplus48u
as6e
bh
canon
canon630u
canon_dr
#canon_pp
cardscan
coolscan
#coolscan2
coolscan3
#dc25
#dc210
#dc240
dell1600n_net
dmc
epjitsu
#epson
epson2
epsonds
fujitsu
#gphoto2
genesys
gt68xx
hp
hp3900
hpsj5s
hp3500
hp4200
hp5400
hp5590
hpljm1005
hs2p
ibm
kodak
kodakaio
kvs1025
kvs20xx
leo
lexmark
ma1509
magicolor
matsushita
microtek
microtek2
mustek
#mustek_pp
mustek_usb
mustek_usb2
nec
niash
#p5
pie
pint
pixma
plustek
#plustek_pp
#pnm
qcam
ricoh
rts8891
s9036
sceptre
sharp
sm3600
sm3840
snapscan
sp15c
#st400
#stv680
tamarack
teco1
teco2
teco3
#test
u12
umax
#umax_pp
umax1220u
v4l
xerox_mfp
canon_pixma
Post by Javier Perez
Hi.
Got the files.
I'll test them tomorrow
I'll let you know how they worked out.
JP
On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 6:07 AM, Thierry HUCHARD
Hih
According to the Supported Devices webpage, you need testers for the
Canon TS5010
I have one and indeed it does not work through SANE, but it works fine
with scangearmp2 Version 3.40
I am using Fedora 26, and I recently upgraded to the 1.0.27
backends
How can I help?
--
------------------------------
/\_/\
~~~~ Javier Perez
~~~~ While the night runs
~~~~ toward the day...
m m Pepebuho watches
from his high perch.
Hello,
https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2 [1] [1]
I just builder for Fedora 26. I let you test.
sudo echo "canon_pixma" >> /etc/sane.d/dll.conf # for activate the
backend in sane
--
------------------------------
/\_/\
~~~~ Javier Perez
~~~~ While the night runs
~~~~ toward the day...
m m Pepebuho watches
from his high perch.
------
[1] https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2 [1]
Hello,
We just released our first release.
https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2/releases [2]
--
------------------------------
/\_/\
~~~~ Javier Perez
~~~~ While the night runs
~~~~ toward the day...
m m Pepebuho watches
from his high perch.
------
[1] https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2
[2] https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2/releases
Hi,
Have you run the line, below?
sudo echo "canon_pixma" >> /etc/sane.d/dll.conf # for activate the
--
/\_/\
|O O| ***@gmail.com
~~~~ Javier Perez