1.0.25 doesn't work with HP ScanJet 5300C
2015-11-18 12:14:02 UTC
Hi Henrique,
Are you able to compile sane-backends from source?
If I can find the time, I should be able to. (Though I will
need to brush up on git, specially on how to rollbacks the
commits mentioned on the Agfa thread).
Have a look at

git help revert

Normally, to undo the changes committed in, say, commit 123456...., you
would just say

git revert 123456

though (and pray there are no conflicts).
Assuming I start here
https://alioth.debian.org/scm/?group_id=30186
No, start here: http://www.sane-project.org/cvs.html
git clone git://git.debian.org/sane/sane-backends.git
then see README.linux
Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2 FSF Associate Member since 2004-01-27
Support Free Software Support the Free Software Foundation
DaveDixon
2017-01-13 04:55:16 UTC
Is this still a known problem? I'm seeing it with 1.0.25 on Fedora 25. The
5300C works fine under Ubuntu 14.04 with 1.0.23. I'm going to try reverting
to 1.0.24 on Fedora unless someone tells me it's crazy (which, by
definition, it is, right?)

DaveDixon
2017-01-13 07:04:05 UTC
I compiled tag RELEASE_1_0_24. A slight change in the outcome:

Before (1.0.25)
----------------------
sane-find-scanner finds scanner at correct USB port
scanimage -L finds scanner with correct driver (avision) at correct USB port
xsane fails on preview
scanner is no longer found by sane-find-scanner or scanimage without power
down/up

After (1.0.24)
The same through xsane failing
sane-find-scanner finds the scanner
scanimage does not

After scanner power down/up, tried scanimage -T (probably should have done
this before).
It says "scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument"
Anyone know what that means?