Xsane does not work any more with Lide 200 and Lide220 at Ubuntu16.04LTS
Add Reply
e***@gmx.de
2017-04-19 16:12:08 UTC
Hello,

since update from Ubuntu 14.04LTS to Ubuntu 16.04LTS the XSane does not
work anymore with any of these two scanners.
In the old distritution there was XSane 0.98 installed.
In 16.04 the new Versoion of 0.999 is installed.

Xsane starts and finds both scanners with the right name.
By starting scanning there is an error:
Lide220: I/O error with a short noise on the scanning Bar. Scanner is
not mechanically locked.
"Konnte Scanner nicht starten während Geräte I/O"

Lide200: was working properly before, but does not make any noise. Now
with error message -> "Konnte Scanner nicht starten während Geräte I/O".

I need some help what could be the reason why it does not work any more
and how I can fix the problem.

With greetings

Erwin Hug
2017-05-04 11:23:29 UTC
Hi Erwin,

Better late than never.
Post by e***@gmx.de
Hello,
since update from Ubuntu 14.04LTS to Ubuntu 16.04LTS the XSane does not
work anymore with any of these two scanners.
In the old distritution there was XSane 0.98 installed.
In 16.04 the new Versoion of 0.999 is installed.
Xsane starts and finds both scanners with the right name.
Lide220: I/O error with a short noise on the scanning Bar. Scanner is
not mechanically locked.
"Konnte Scanner nicht starten während Geräte I/O"
Lide200: was working properly before, but does not make any noise. Now
with error message -> "Konnte Scanner nicht starten während Geräte I/O".
Do your scanners still work with other SANE frontends such as Simple
Scan and scanimage?

If no, it's probably something caused by changes in Ubuntu's libsane
packages because libsane-1.0.25 (built from sane-backends-1.0.25) should
have complete support for both scanners. Check for similar libsane bug
reports with Ubuntu and file one if there is nothing similar.

If yes, it may be an issue caused by state saved by XSane. Move your
~/.sane/xsane directory out of the way and try again. If that doesn't
fix things, it's probably a bug introduced by Ubuntu's upgrade of XSane
to 0.999. Check for similar xsane bug reports with Ubuntu and file one
if there is nothing similar.
Post by e***@gmx.de
I need some help what could be the reason why it does not work any more
and how I can fix the problem.
Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2 FSF Associate Member since 2004-01-27
GnuPG key: F84A2DD9/B3C0 2F47 EA19 64F4 9F13 F43E B8A4 A88A F84A 2DD9
csola48
2017-05-05 13:00:32 UTC
Post by e***@gmx.de
Hello,
since update from Ubuntu 14.04LTS to Ubuntu 16.04LTS the XSane does not
work anymore with any of these two scanners.
In the old distritution there was XSane 0.98 installed.
In 16.04 the new Versoion of 0.999 is installed.
Xsane starts and finds both scanners with the right name.
Lide220: I/O error with a short noise on the scanning Bar. Scanner is
not mechanically locked.
"Konnte Scanner nicht starten während Geräte I/O"
Lide200: was working properly before, but does not make any noise. Now
with error message -> "Konnte Scanner nicht starten während Geräte I/O".
I struggle since a year of his... (Canon Canoscan Lide 220)
The new sane-backend brings a solution?...

csola48
csola48
2017-05-06 08:07:04 UTC
Aaron Muir Hamilton
2017-05-10 12:28:27 UTC
Yeah!
But then we the solution?! Command line?
It Xsane is not developed?
XSane is a separate project. It's not part of sane-backends or
sane-frontends. I have no idea whether or not it's still developed.