XSane - Saving scan to text
Raymond Hanslits
2017-01-30 18:41:11 UTC
I have been using XSane to scan text pages from Libre Office Writer and from magazines. However, it will not let me save them as text files orly image files.  I get a message that says the "gocr" command is not available.

Can you help me?
Ray ***@yahoo.com
Chris Moller
2017-01-30 19:52:24 UTC
You either have to install the gocr package (using dnf, apt-get, or
whatever) that does the optical character recognition, or you have to go
into Preferences->Setup->OCR and specify whatever OCR package you're using.
Post by Raymond Hanslits
I have been using XSane to scan text pages from Libre Office Writer
and from magazines. However, it will not let me save them as text
files orly image files. I get a message that says the "gocr" command
is not available.
Can you help me?
Ray Hanslits