Discussion:
Canon LiDE 220 unexpected success
(too old to reply)
Stef
2015-02-26 20:35:44 UTC
Permalink
Hello,

while comparing logs between LiDE 210 and LiDE 220, I noticed they
were only differing by the ck1map value. After changing this value I had
color scan mode working from 75 to 4800 dpi.
I'm going to add this model properly, and fix some LiDE 110 related
bugs.

But complete support for LiDE 220 can be expected real soon (1 or 2
weeks).

Regards,
Stef

--
sane-devel mailing list: sane-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
to sane-devel-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
Antonio Ladrón de Guevara
2015-02-27 08:44:56 UTC
Permalink
Great work Stef!
Lot of thanks for your effort

Regards.

El 26/02/15 a las 21:35, Stef escribió:
> Hello,
>
> while comparing logs between LiDE 210 and LiDE 220, I noticed they
> were only differing by the ck1map value. After changing this value I
> had color scan mode working from 75 to 4800 dpi.
> I'm going to add this model properly, and fix some LiDE 110
> related bugs.
>
> But complete support for LiDE 220 can be expected real soon (1 or
> 2 weeks).
>
> Regards,
> Stef
>


--
sane-devel mailing list: sane-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
to sane-devel-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
Rafe DiDomenico
2015-02-28 16:00:39 UTC
Permalink
That is amazing. You're awesome.

So, since this is my first scanner with linux, I have to ask a stupid
question: Is there a development repo or do I need to use git to get a
sane version with these updates (when they're ready of course)?

On 02/26/2015 09:35 PM, Stef wrote:
> Hello,
>
> while comparing logs between LiDE 210 and LiDE 220, I noticed they
> were only differing by the ck1map value. After changing this value I
> had color scan mode working from 75 to 4800 dpi.
> I'm going to add this model properly, and fix some LiDE 110
> related bugs.
>
> But complete support for LiDE 220 can be expected real soon (1 or
> 2 weeks).
>
> Regards,
> Stef
>


--
sane-devel mailing list: sane-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
to sane-devel-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
Stef
2015-03-01 07:20:26 UTC
Permalink
On 28/02/2015 17:00, Rafe DiDomenico wrote:
> That is amazing. You're awesome.
>
> So, since this is my first scanner with linux, I have to ask a stupid
> question: Is there a development repo or do I need to use git to get a
> sane version with these updates (when they're ready of course)?
>
> On 02/26/2015 09:35 PM, Stef wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> while comparing logs between LiDE 210 and LiDE 220, I noticed
>> they were only differing by the ck1map value. After changing this
>> value I had color scan mode working from 75 to 4800 dpi.
>> I'm going to add this model properly, and fix some LiDE 110
>> related bugs.
>>
>> But complete support for LiDE 220 can be expected real soon (1 or
>> 2 weeks).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Stef
>>
>
>
Hello,

support for LiDE 220 has already been committed to SANE's git tree
(see http://www.sane-project.org/cvs.html).
However the scanarea geometry needs fixing, head is bump at end while
trying to go too far. This will be fixed by Monday.

Regarding LiDE 120 support, I'd need a log recorded with usbpcap of
a preview (and only the preview) to check is like older models, this one
is close to the 220, and possibly figure out hos to add support for it.

Regards,
Stef

--
sane-devel mailing list: sane-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
to sane-devel-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
Stef
2015-03-15 06:43:34 UTC
Permalink
On 14/03/2015 18:12, Jochen wrote:
> Hi Stef, I understand you're asking for a log from somebody with a LiDE
> 120 doing a preview. Me, I'd be happy to see my LiDE 120 supported by
> SANE. So if you tell me what to do and how to even make my LiDE 120 do
> anything loggable, I'll see if I can provide that. Unfortunately, I am
> not much of a Linux crack, but I managed to compile and install sane-1.0.25.
>
> Regards,
> Jo
>
> ---
> Hello,
>
>
Hello,

what is needed is a log recorded when doing a preview when running
windows O/S. The log tool to use is usbpcap http://desowin.org/usbpcap/ .

Regards,
Stef

--
sane-devel mailing list: sane-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
to sane-devel-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
Mr. Kraus
2015-03-15 11:23:14 UTC
Permalink
> Hello,
>
> what is needed is a log recorded when doing a preview when running
> windows O/S. The log tool to use is usbpcap http://desowin.org/usbpcap/ .
>
> Regards,
> Stef

Hi, here you go! To be complete, I added the log of an actual scan, as well:

http://weshare.me/5c5cfb7b52a8ab9d/lide120_preview.pcap
http://weshare.me/5c5cfb7b52a8ab9d/lide120_scan.pcap

Thanx for your efforts, looking forward to your feedback.

Enjoy!
Jo

--
sane-devel mailing list: sane-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
to sane-devel-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
Stef
2015-03-16 05:52:40 UTC
Permalink
On 15/03/2015 12:23, Mr. Kraus wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> what is needed is a log recorded when doing a preview when running
>> windows O/S. The log tool to use is usbpcap http://desowin.org/usbpcap/ .
>>
>> Regards,
>> Stef
> Hi, here you go! To be complete, I added the log of an actual scan, as well:
>
> http://weshare.me/5c5cfb7b52a8ab9d/lide120_preview.pcap
> http://weshare.me/5c5cfb7b52a8ab9d/lide120_scan.pcap
>
> Thanx for your efforts, looking forward to your feedback.
>
> Enjoy!
> Jo
Hello,

thanks for the data. It seems that both posted logs are the same,
and are the one of a scan. A preview should be less big. Could you retry
it ? What was the resolution used for the scan, 600 dpi ?

Regards,
Stef

--
sane-devel mailing list: sane-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
to sane-devel-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
Dominique Somphanethabanesouk
2015-03-18 20:03:27 UTC
Permalink
Hello,

I am sorry for my english french :)
If it helps you, here are generated by usbpcap, pcap files for CanoScan
lide 120.

http://weshare.me/a2da019d6e2b8fcb/canoscan_lide_120_preview.zip
http://weshare.me/dc373a1c61c59a97/canoscan_lide_120_numerisation.zip

Hoping that it can be used.
greetings,
Dominique

--
sane-devel mailing list: sane-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
to sane-devel-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
Stef
2015-03-18 20:36:59 UTC
Permalink
On 18/03/2015 21:03, Dominique Somphanethabanesouk wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am sorry for my english french :)
> If it helps you, here are generated by usbpcap, pcap files for
> CanoScan lide 120.
>
> http://weshare.me/a2da019d6e2b8fcb/canoscan_lide_120_preview.zip
> http://weshare.me/dc373a1c61c59a97/canoscan_lide_120_numerisation.zip
>
> Hoping that it can be used.
> greetings,
> Dominique
>
Hello,

when decoding the log with the script provided by
https://github.com/stefdev49/syseneg, I see:
bulkWrite(0x40,10208)=0x......
maybe preview is done at 600, with DPIHW set to 1200 and timing for
"half" period.

My lide 110 will do preview with a DPISET of 600, which resolves in
bulkWrite of 5160 bytes.

With such different settings, I cannot conclude anything.


Regards,
Stef


--
sane-devel mailing list: sane-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
to sane-devel-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
w***@hblok.net
2015-03-15 13:12:23 UTC
Permalink
On 15/03/15 07:43, Stef wrote:
>
> what is needed is a log recorded when doing a preview when running
> windows O/S. The log tool to use is usbpcap http://desowin.org/usbpcap/ .

Would a Wireshark log help, while running Windows in VirtualBox?

I have such a log, however, am not able to generate further right now,
since the 120 stopped responding to any commands. I'm waiting for a
repair or replacement.

Havard



--
sane-devel mailing list: sane-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
to sane-devel-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
Steven Honeyman
2015-03-15 19:23:55 UTC
Permalink
I also have a Canon LiDE 120 that I hope SANE will support soon.
If there's any other log/capture files that you need I'd be happy to
provide them.


Thanks,
Steven

--
sane-devel mailing list: sane-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
Unsubscribe: Send mail with subject "unsubscribe your_password"
to sane-devel-***@lists.alioth.debian.org
Loading...