2017-08-19 15:19:50 UTC
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libimage-sane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 1.8.5:
* + support for Poppler (pdftops) as postscript backend.
* - support for libsane-perl
* Reapply current scan settings for those scanners that reset them when
forcing a reload
* Eliminate unnecessary strings from gscan2pdf.pot to prevent
unnecessary work and confusion on the part of the translators.
* + A3 to default paper sizes
* Update to Hungarian translation (thanks to csola)
* Update to Slovak translation (thanks to DuÅ¡an Kazik)